Online MBA in Health Care
The Online Master of Business Administration in Health Care (MBA-HC) program is designed for baccalaureate-degreed business professionals who are currently working for health care organizations or who desire to pursue a career in management in a health care organization and increase their effectiveness as managers and/or professionals. The mission of the program is to provide the MBA-HC student with the skills needed to be successful managers in the health care industry.
The online MBA in Health Care program is professional in nature and is designed to provide a broad educational experience in management. Additionally, it emphasizes the relationship between management and the functional areas of communication, accounting, economics, finance, marketing and the quantitative sciences, as they relate to the health care field. The MBA-HC program is globally focused, cohort based and technology driven to enhance managerial and decision making skills for business success.
- Improve competencies in communicating, relating to others, and delivering presentations in the business environment.
- Effectively lead and contribute to goal accomplishment in a team setting.
- Develop critical thinking with a strategic perspective, utilizing an ethical framework, and resulting in sound decision making skills.
- Develop or improve understanding of current business trends.
- Develop an understanding of strategic human resource practices and leadership approaches.
- Utilize financial statement analysis and other quantitative information to solve problems in health care organizations.
- Demonstrate understanding of leadership and strategic issues in health care organizations.
- The program consists of 40 credit hours, 19 hours of which are specific to the health care industry.
- The entire program can be completed in 20 months.
Programs are delivered in an accelerated format. Courses are taken consecutively, strategically sequenced as building blocks to provide the broad base of skills needed for business success.
Enrolling once in the MBA-Health Care at the start of the program is all it takes. There is no need to enroll in classes each semester.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|BADM 6123||Organizational Communication||3|
|ECO 5003||The Economic Environment||3|
|MGT 5133||Management of Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGT 6243||Legal Environment of Health Care||3|
|ACC 5003||The Accounting and Finance Environment||3|
|MKT 5113||Marketing Management||3|
|MGT 6153||Human Resource Management and Administration||3|
|MGT 5173||Ethics in Health Care||3|
|ACC 5123||Management Accounting for Health Care||3|
|MGT 6173||Strategic Management||3|
|MGT 5163||Health Care Administration||3|
|FIN 5123||Financial Management in Health Care||3|
|ECON 5123||Managerial Economics in Health Care||3|
|MGT 6331||Leadership in Health Care Seminar||1|